Friday, 25 November 2016
This term we have been learning about Parliament. We have looked at the difference between government and parliament, NZ parliament, who is in government, how our government works and we compared democracy to dictatorship.
Three things that I learned are NZ parliament are:
- Jon key sit in the 4th sit on the right.
- The spek is the boss of the house.
- The right side is where national sit.
Wednesday, 23 November 2016
Tuesday, 22 November 2016
This term we have been learning all about the Marae. We have learned that
- The Marae is an important focal point for the community.
- The Marea is a place where tradition and customs can be carried out.
- The Marae is a place where people can express their values with dignity.
- There are many kawa ( protocols) that prevail on the marae.
- Marae kawa (protocols) can differ between maraes and iwi.
We have focussed on some key concepts when doing this learning.
These are listed and explained in the table below.
give the meaning of these concepts in your own words.
The correct procedure, custom, way of doing things.
it is a welcoming
visitors to a marae
its a belonging
care for other
See this video for an explanation of the roles and responsibilities of people on a marae.
Something I would like to learn more about the marae is thing